Friday, March 24, 2006

Supper Cantenna Psycosis

There I was talking to my darkside inner companion, and he says to me (in the voice of Gary Busey) you need to go up to the top of the hill that overlooks your subdivision and scan the hell out of the place for networks. Having learned over the years that darkside inner companions can be cranky little bastards if they dont get their way, I lugged my fat ass up the hill. Cantenna and Thinkpad (SuSE) in hand I found a comfortable (sarcasm) rock and scoped out the hood. Sevnteen unencrypted networks I say to myself. Yes seventeen unencrypted networks says my darkside inner companion (hensforth refered to as Spanky.) Spankys curious if I can get into the router of any of these networks, and talks me into poking around. Two of them let me into the router using the clever password "admin" and one just let me in without a password prompt. These people aren't very bright are they Spanky tells me. No Spanky, I say, they really aren't.