Saturday, February 18, 2006

Teladventure...

I finished the TV shopping I have been going on about in past posts, and actually bought my new HDTV. I tried to buy a display unit from Walmart a couple of times, but I gave up on them the second time they couldn't get their debit card readers to connect to my banks network. So I went to Best Buy and I think I got a better deal anyway. The first one was in the fifty inch range, but this one is a few inches smaller. I'm much happier though because this one (a Samsung) can run a 1080p signal. That's the best that there is folks, and it is just stunning. That got me thinking about my DVD collection. I started to muse about getting an "upconverting" DVD player to improve the image of DVDs on my TV. I am really impressed by my new Samsung HDTV so went with Samsung again for the upconverter. All I can say is, DAMN!!!! Honestly, I may never leave the house. The only downside of all this is my limited over the air digital selection. There are plenty of HD signals beaming through the air, but most of it is crap (the weather channel in HD???) I will spend the next couple weeks trying to figure out which satelite television provider has the best HD lineup. Till then...............