Saturday, October 15, 2005

Sorrow and Joy

I had been waiting to do a review of several new products, including the Nokia 770 handheld computer and the retail version of SuSE 10.0. As these have (sadly) not made it to my person yet you will instead get a review of a 2 1/2 year old notebook instead. The notebook in question is a refurbished IBM Thinkpad T22. I must say that it has been perfect for my Linux based wardriving needs. Combined with a ZyXel G-102 WiFi card, and using the Kinternet network finder, I have been a bandwith borrowing fool. In fact this very post is coming from an appropriated 802.11b network that uses a DSL broadband account. If you are in the market for a refurbished laptop I heartily recomend the pre-Lenovo era Thinkpads, very Linux friendly. That's it for today, I hope to bring my product reviews to you soon. Hug a Penguin...